More pictures of our neighbourhood

I apologize for not having posted sooner. It's been a different kind of two weeks.

Today was the first day that my shoulder/arm is not in pain and seems to be capable of some computer work (story below), so I decided to post some more photos of our living area/neighbourhood in and around Huafa development, in order to give more insight to everyone of what the environment is like around where we live. It contrasts hugely from what the rest of Zhuhai is like, and hopefully I'll get to document more in the coming weeks to show you.

A few weeks back I had been working hard on getting focused on redesigning our Launchpad Design business website, as well as my own personal one, which went quite well, so hopefully in another few weeks we can get it up and running, well, at least partially. Jas has been busy with his contract work, and is at the grindstone in the den during the days. We take lunch breaks together, some days going out, some days I cook a light meal. Sometimes we take afternoon fruit breaks on the patio, when it's not too too humid hot. I had planned for photo walks within the compound/development, but was shutdown by security, told that they did not allow photography inside the development in fear of my selling or stealing the designs!? I was very turned off from the whole thing, thus stopped taking photos for a while due to this. Isn't it enough that there are tons of hidden surveillance cameras all around? I even asked if I could go to the management to get permission to take just flora and fauna photos, but I didn't get anywhere with that too. I don't take the camera out much anymore because it isn't the safest to lug around a SLR along with guarding my purse (some areas where it's most interesting photographing wise, has the higher numbers of pick-pocketers), and also a lot of folks presume I'm a professional and do not appreciate seeing me take photos. J has a solution that will soon give me some much needed freedom again, we'll buy a pocket camera, so I'll just look like an ordinary tourist or folk. so saddened still...

Then about a couple of weeks ago, due to a TueNa (chinese massage therapy) session, I felt some pinching pains in my shoulder, not realizing something was out of alignment. Then few days later, I over strained my shoulder which further put my rotator cuff out of alignment, leading to a very painful frozen shoulder. The pain was so bad I could not bare standing, lying or sitting, so the second day I endured an hour long torture treatment at the Chinese medical center (where they yanked and twisted my already injured shoulder to figure out how or what to pop back , even though I tried to describe to them what exactly needed to be done). I had never been in such pain and misery before, I mean kicking and screaming/crying aloud and yelling for them to stop doing what they were doing. This was the first time I wish I knew how to swear in Chinese. I had nightmares for two days from the traumatic experience... I think I can empathize with prisoners or captured spies who have been physically tortured now :P Luckily the rotator cuff managed to get popped back, but I sustained more injuries to my shoulder from the session, and it took about a week of not being able using my right arm at all, swollen hand/arm, and feeling pangs of weird pains in my arm and hands while the connective tissues/musles and nerves tried to heal itself. We also had a mini adventure trying to find some more Advil, luckily we found one packaging that had one word in English, Ibufrofen, the magic word. I REALLY REALLY miss my special chiropractor, who would have been able to do two quick exact adjustments, then do some muscle manipulation to help ease the muscle spasms, and voila, finito in 5-10 min. Then I would have healed in a couple of days or less.

Sigh, modern conveniences are still hard to find here for certain things...

Okay, in case you missed the link above to where the new photos are at, here it is again...CLICK HERE to see photos

Comments

Popular Posts